Entertainment Reference Libraries
Dilophosaurus, meaning "two-crested lizard", was a theropod dinosaur from the Early Jurassic Period (Pliensbachian stage). It was first described 1954, but it did not recieve its current genus name until years later. It is one of the earliest known theropods, and one of the least understood as well. It was discovered by Sam Welles in the summer of 1942 and brought to Berkeley for cleaning and...
The Norway Lemming or Norwegian Lemming (Lemmus lemmus), is a common species of lemming found in northern Scandinavia and adjacent areas of Russia. It is the only vertebrate species endemic to the region. The Norway lemming dwells in tundra and fells, and prefers to live near water. Adults feed primarily on sedges, grasses and moss. They are active at both day and night, alternating naps with...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.