Latest Environmental remediation Stories
FMC Corporation (NYSE:FMC) developed and launched Scientific Advisory Boards in the categories of Soil & Groundwater Remediation and Water Treatment, in an effort to increase collaboration, and improve standards and fundamental science across the environmental remediation and treatment industry. Philadelphia, PA (PRWEB) May 13, 2013 FMC Corporation (NYSE:FMC) developed and launched Scientific Advisory Boards in the categories of Soil & Groundwater Remediation and Water Treatment, in...
Today's soil contamination is a direct result of man-made chemicals or other changes in nature's soil environment. This contamination most commonly occurs from underground storage tanks bursting, use of pesticides, discarding oil and fuel illegally, leakage of dirty surface water, draining of wastes from landfalls and knowingly dumping industrial wastes into the soil. The most widespread chemicals found are petroleum hydrocarbons, solvents, common pesticides, lead and additional heavy metals....
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.