Latest enzyme systems Stories
NREL research finds synergy in two approaches to breaking down cell walls of biomass Enzymes could break down cell walls faster — leading to less expensive biofuels for transportation — if two enzyme systems are brought together in an industrial setting, new research by the Energy Department´s National Renewable Energy Laboratory suggests. A paper on the breakthrough, “Fungal Cellulases and Complexed Cellulosomal Enzymes Exhibit Synergistic Mechanisms in Cellulose...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.