Latest Eric Mendelsohn Stories
By Dave Marcus, Newsday, Melville, N.Y. Jul. 22--Eric Mendelsohn steps out of a blue minivan and gazes at a house in Northport. It has a wide front porch, bay windows and delicately peeling paint. Perfect. He leaves a note telling the homeowner he wants it. Back in the van, he peers out the windshield at Colonials, Victorians, split-levels. He still needs three more houses. Also a set of watercolor paintings, a globe and an ambulance. Mendelsohn, who teaches filmmaking at...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.