Latest Eric R. Braverman Stories
Lee Rannals for RedOrbit.com Researchers reported in the journal PLoS ONE this week that obesity in America is significantly worse than previously thought. According to a study by Eric R. Braverman, M.D. and Nirav Shah, M.D., M.P.H., the BMI formula is an outdated mathematical equation that needs to evolve to help correctly evaluate body fat. The study suggests that adjusting the BMI will have broad population health implications, leading some who were not necessarily considered to...
NEW YORK, April 9 /PRNewswire/ -- According to Drs. Timothy Salthouse and Eric R. Braverman, the effects of the brain's cognitive abilities become less effective as early as our mid-twenties. A recent study by Dr. Timothy Salthouse, a University of Virginia professor of psychology and the study's lead investigator, shows that people lose their full capacity to make rapid comparisons, remember unrelated information, and detect relationships. Dr. Eric R. Braverman, author of the New York...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.