Essential oils Reference Libraries
Bursera graveolens or Palo Santo is a tree indigenous to South America in Argetina, Paraguay, Boliva and coastal areas of Ecuador. Palo Santo means "holy wood" in English and belongs in the same family as frankincense and myrrh. Although it has been used in homeopathic medicine for years, most recently it is the extraction of essential oils that has put this plant in the spotlight....
The Lemon Myrtle, Backhousia citriodora, also known as Lemon Scented Ironwood, Sweet Verbena Tree, Sweet Verbena Myrtle, or Lemon Scented Verbena, is a flowering plant native to subtropical rainforests of Queensland, Australia. This plant is classified in the family Myrtaceae and genus Backhousia. It can achieve heights as high as 5 yards, but many times it is smaller. The leaves are a glossy...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.