Latest Esther Dyson Stories
HELSINKI, December 15, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Esther Dyson and Anssi Vanjoki have invested in Valkee as part of company's EUR 400,000 angel round. Valkee makes the bright light headset to treat and prevent seasonal affective disorder and other depression types. In clinical trials, 9 out of 10 patients have had symptoms relief in four weeks, using Valkee 8-12 minutes daily - a revolutionary result. "Our goal is to create a new category of depression treatments. Esther and Anssi are...
Space Business Forum: New York -- Space Angels Network, LLC, a national network of seed- and early-stage investors focused on aerospace-related ventures, announced today its initial group of "Founding Members" -- individual accredited investors with significant experience in aerospace ventures. Founding Members include: -- Esther Dyson of EDventure Holdings (www.edventure.com) in New York; -- Stephen Fleming of Atlanta Technology Angels (www.angelatlanta.com) in Georgia; -- David...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.