Etawah Reference Libraries
The Sarus Crane (Grus antigone) is a species of bird found in northernPakistan and India, Nepal, Southeast Asia and Queensland, Australia. It is a permanent resident of freshwater marshes and plains with little seasonal movement. This species is classified as Vulnerable, as the total global population has drastically declined since about 1980. This decline is expected to continue until at least...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.