Latest Ethanol fuel Stories
University of Illinois The first long-term US field trials of Miscanthus x giganteus, a towering perennial grass used in bioenergy production, reveal that its exceptional yields, though reduced somewhat after five years of growth, are still more than twice those of switchgrass (Panicum virgatum), another perennial grass used as a bioenergy feedstock. Miscanthus grown in Illinois also outperforms even the high yields found in earlier studies of the crop in Europe, the researchers found....
After high price growth for the industry over the past five years, continued price growth is expected to subside in the five years to 2018, thus reducing overall revenue growth compared with the past five years. For these reasons, industry research firm IBISWorld has updated a report on the Corn Farming industry in its growing industry report collection. Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) November 23, 2013 The Corn Farming industry experienced fresh growth over the five years to 2013, mainly due to...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.