Ethernet Reference Libraries
A network is a group of computers and devices that are interconnected by communications channels. These channels facilitate communications among users and allow them to share resources. Many different characteristics can be used to classify a network. There are several purposes for networks. One of the most common uses of a network is for communication purposes. With a network, people can...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.