Eurasian Stone-curlew Reference Libraries
The Double-striped Thick-knee (Burhinus bistriatus) is a species of Stone-Curlew. It is a resident breeder in Central and South America from southern Mexico south to Colombia, Venezuela and northern Brazil. It is also found on Hispaniola and on some Venezuelan Islands. It is a very rare vagrant to Trinidad and the USA. Its preferred habitat is arid grassland, savanna, and other dry, open areas....
The Stone Curlew or Eurasian Stone-curlew (Burhinus oedicnemus) is a species of bird that occurs throughout Europe, north Africa and southwestern Asia. In summer, it is found in the more temperate European and Asian regions, and in winter it migrates south into Africa. In Egypt, the melodic song of the Stone Curlew is often heard at night, although it is rarely seen. Its song is featured in...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.