Everglades National Park is located in the state of Florida in the United States. The park holds 1,508,538 acres of land and holds twenty percent of the original Everglades. This park is the third largest national park in the lower forty-eight states. The area was once inhabited by Native American tribes, like the Calusa and Tequesta peoples, and the Seminole people, a mixture of Creek people, escaped African slaves, and other Native Americans, known as the Seminole Nation. Most of this tribe...
Biscayne National Park is located in the southern area of Florida in the United States. The park holds 172,971 acres, of which ninety-five percent consists of water. Native Americans first inhabited the area when water levels were low in the Biscayne Bay. Evidence has been found in the area supporting the inhabitance of other Native Americans, like the Tequesta people, from at least 2,500 years ago. European settlement did not occur in the area until the 19th century, when farmers settled on...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.