Latest Evgeni Penev Stories
Rice physicists dig theoretical wells to mine quantum dots Graphane is the material of choice for physicists on the cutting edge of materials science, and Rice University researchers are right there with the pack "“ and perhaps a little ahead. Researchers mentored by Boris Yakobson, a Rice professor of mechanical engineering and materials science and of chemistry, have discovered the strategic extraction of hydrogen atoms from a two-dimensional sheet of graphane naturally opens up...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.