The North German Automobile and Engine company was founded in 1908 as a German brand of vehicle owned by Norddeutsche Lloyd, a shipping company. It was located in Bremen and the vehicles produced were branded with the Lloyd name. The first cars produced were license-built Krieger electric vehicles with a few petrol-powered vehicles as well. In 1914 they merged with Hansa and became Hansa-Lloyd Werke AG. Most of the vehicles produced had the Hansa name. The Hansa-Lloyd name was on...
- The navel or umbilicus.
- In Greek archaeology: A central boss, as on a shield, a bowl, etc.
- A sacred stone in the temple of Apollo at Delphi, believed by the Greeks to mark the 'navel' or exact center-point of the earth.