Latest Exemplum Stories
A Colorado doctor who is also a prize-winning dancer recommends dancing to patients and their spouses for its health, wellness and emotional benefits. Dr. Carla Murphy, chief of staff of the emergency room at Exempla Lutheran Medical Center in Wheat Ridge, Colo., says she often sees patients when they are experiencing results of poor eating and sedentary lifestyle. She says she frequently counsels patients on the benefits of dance. Murphy has practiced what she preaches, winning 15...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.