Latest Express AM-4 Stories
Russia said on Thursday that it has lost track of a $265-million telecommunications satellite. The Express AM-4 satellite launched late on Wednesday aboard a Proton-M rocket from the Russia-leased launchpad in Kazakhstan. The space agency said the first stages of the launch went smoothly, but communication with the satellite was lost after a failure of the Briz-M upper stage. The Russian space agency said experts were working to try and re-establish contact with the satellite....
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.