Latest Facility for Rare Isotope Beams Stories
John P. Millis, Ph.D. for redOrbit.com — Your Universe Online For the last four years Congress and the White House have been unable to pass a federal budget, settling each time for continuing resolutions. However, such stopgaps keep funding levels flat, or even, accounting for inflation, in decline. In 2007, a plan was laid out to maintain US leadership in the field of nuclear physics, with the continued support of the Relativistic Heavy Ion Collider (RHIC), a significant upgrade...
The U.S. Department of Energy says it has selected Michigan State University to design and establish the Facility for Rare Isotope Beams. Energy Department officials said the FRIB -- expected to take about a decade to design and build -- will cost approximately $550 million and provide international research opportunities for an estimated 1,000 university and laboratory scientists, postdoctoral associates, and graduate students. The Department of Energy's new Facility for Rare Isotope Beams...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.