Latest Failure to thrive Stories
Failure to thrive in childhood is often the result of an underlying organic disease. In the current edition of Deutsches Ãrzteblatt International (Dtsch Arztebl Int 2011; 108: 642-9), Walter NÃ¼tzenadel provides an overview of diagnoses and treatment options. Symptoms such as insufficient weight and loss of weight caused by a lack of nutrients do not affect children in developing countries alone: they also affect 2% to 24% of patients in pediatric hospitals...
NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - Behavioral and nutritional counseling improves energy intake and promotes normal growth in toddlers and preschoolers with cystic fibrosis (CF), according to results of a small study. Toddlers and preschoolers with CF often fall short of nutritional recommendations for this disease, which leads to impaired growth. This is a major problem because adequate growth from 3 to 6 years of age is associated with better lung function later on. In the study, four...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.