Latest Fartein Ask Torvik Stories
-High levels of drinking have repeatedly been shown to predict divorce. -A Norwegian study has examined the impact of both level of drinking and compatibility of drinking on divorce. -Results indicate that: one, the more people drink, the higher the risk of divorce; and two, risk of divorce is lowered if the spouses drink approximately the same amount of alcohol. High levels of drinking have repeatedly been shown to predict divorce. The most cited explanation for this is that excessive...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.