Latest Faulkes Telescope Project Stories
Lee Rannals for RedOrbit.com The European Space Agency (ESA) is reaching out to amateur astronomers, asking for their help in discovering potentially dangerous space rocks. ESA's Space Situational Awareness (SSA) program helps keep up with space hazards, with everything from space weather to debris objects in Earth orbit. The program also keeps up with "Near Earth objects," or NEOs, which are asteroids that pass close enough to our planet to cause concern. NEOs are hard to survey...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.