Latest FCC Stories
redOrbit Staff & Wire Reports - Your Universe Online The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) voted this week to establish new rules that would free up additional spectrum to boost speeds on Wi-Fi networks and ease wireless congestion in airports and other locations. In a unanimous 5-0 vote, the Commission decided to move forward with the plan despite objections from automakers and their suppliers who claim the new Wi-Fi frequencies could interfere with car-to-car wireless...
EBENSBURG, Pa., Oct. 14 /PRNewswire/ -- L.R. Kimball, (www.lrkimball.com) a Pennsylvania-based architecture, engineering and communications technology firm, today announced its support for reallocation of the D block to public safety. The announcement came on the heels of legislation introduced last month by Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee Chairman John (Jay) Rockefeller on the controversial topic of the 700 megahertz band D block and a nationwide public safety...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.