Latest Ferrimagnetism Stories
Nature Communications: New development for fast storage media An international team of researchers from Germany and the Netherlands has developed a new material for storage media. For the first time they enable the switching of so called spin currents at room temperature in a vertical magnetic field. This increases the storage density distinctly. The novel switches can be used, for example, as read heads in future hard discs or as bits in non-volatile random access memory devices (MRAM)....
Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin developed a magnetic valve that novel electronic devices can be realistic In close collaboration with colleagues from Bochum and the Netherlands, researchers from the Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin (HZB) have developed a novel, extremely-thin structure made of various magnetic materials. It is suitable as a kind of magnetic valve for data-storage units of the most recent generation and makes use of effects in the context of so-called spintronics, with which, in addition...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.