Fish farming Reference Libraries
The Walking catfish, Clarias batrachus, also known as the Magur or Pla Duk Dam, is a species of air breathing catfish with the ability to "walk" out of the water and across land. Its "walk" is more like a sort of wriggling motion with snakelike movements, as well as using its pectoral fins as "legs". This fish normally lives in slow-moving and often stagnant waters in ponds, swamps, streams and...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.