Latest Fish in Australia Stories
New research to improve environmental flow management of large dams A significant decline in the numbers of native fish in Australia's Murray-Darling Basin may be linked to released dam water being too cold for breeding. This is just one of the findings from a Griffith University led study which found current water releases back into the Murray-Darling system limit fish reproduction and therefore impact freshwater biodiversity. Griffith University Research Fellow Dr Rob Rolls said...
Australian seafood farmers are pushing for regulations that would force restaurants to identify the source of the fish on their menus. Restaurants and fish and chips shops were exempted from a 2006 law requiring retailers to identify country of origin. Ken Chapman, president of the Australian Barramundi Farmers Association, told the Sydney Morning Herald consumers should know what they are getting. Barramundi is the iconic Australian fish and Australians expect to get Australian fish if they...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.