Flag of Hong Kong Reference Libraries
The Hong Kong Orchid Tree (Bauhinia blakeana), is an evergreen tree with a unique endemic flower of Hong Kong. It is categorized in the genus Bauhinia and is even referred to as this name in non-scientific literature. These pinkish purple orchid-like flowers are typically 4 to 6 inches across, and have fragrant blooms from early November to the end of March. The large, thick, double-lobed...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.