Florida Keys Reference Libraries
Symbol: CHDE9 Group: Dicot Family: Fabaceae Duration: Perennial Growth Habit: Subshrub Forb/herb Native Status: L48 N Synonyms: CADE16 Cassia deeringiana (Small & Pennell) J.F. Macbr. Distribution: County distributions for the following U.S. states are available at PLANTS:GA, MS Classification: Kingdom Plantae – Plants...
The Key Deer (Odocoileus virginianus clavium), is an endangered species of deer that lives only in the Florida Keys. It is considered a subspecies of the White-tailed Deer (Odocoileus virginianus). The deer can be recognized by its characteristic small size. Adult males (also known as bucks) usually weigh from 55 to 75 pounds (25 to 34 kg) and stand about 30 inches (76 cm) tall at the...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.