Latest Flufftail Stories
redOrbit Staff & Wire Reports - Your Universe Online Two rare African creatures – a giraffe-like mammal known as the okapi and an extremely rare bird known as the white-winged flufftail – are on the verge of extinction, according to the latest update to the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) Red List of Threatened Species. The okapi, which is also known as the “forest giraffe,” was reclassified as an endangered species by the IUCN in the update released...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.