Latest Fly-killing device Stories
RESCUE!® fly traps are proven summer solutions for nuisance or filth flies. Spokane, WA (PRWEB) July 08, 2014 Flies are common, annoying and unsanitary. But they’re more than just a nuisance. They’re carriers of filth and more than 60 human and animal diseases. With temperatures warming, experts warn that hot, humid conditions create ideal environments for flies to breed and develop. “The warmer the weather, the faster the flies are produced,” says Dr. Qing-He Zhang, Ph.D.,...
A flyswatter, usually consisting of a small rectangular sheet of flexible material, is a handheld device for smashing flies and other insects. The material is vented, thus reducing wind drag making it move faster in order to hit the target. The beginning flyswatters were just a striking surface attached to the end of a long stick. Dr. Samuel Crumbine was trying to raise awareness of the fly problem in Kansas in 1905 when he coined the term "swat the fly". Frank H. Rose created the "fly...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.