Latest Folarin Campbell Stories
By Steve Ginsburg WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Unheralded and outmanned George Mason continued its remarkable run through the NCAA men's basketball tournament by defeating Wichita State to advance to the final eight. A week ago, the 11th seeded Patriots were fending off critics who said they did not even belong in the 64-team tournament. Now they are the tournament's sentimental choice, the team underdog lovers are calling their own. During their three upset wins they have emerged from...
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Top-seeded Villanova squeezed past Boston College 60-59 on a goaltending call in the closing seconds of overtime in an NCAA Tournament round of 16 thriller at Minneapolis on Friday. Will Sheridan clinched the win for the Wildcats when Boston College's Sean Williams was called for goaltending for swatting away Sheridan's shot with three seconds remaining. Villanova (28-4) roared back from a 16-point first-half deficit to claim the physical contest and advance to...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.