Latest Ford Assembly Building Stories
RICHMOND, Calif., Dec. 10 /PRNewswire/ -- During World War II, "Rosie the Riveter" became a cultural icon for the countless women who went to work in America's factories to support the war effort. Many of them toiled at the historic Ford Assembly Building at the Craneway in Richmond, CA, which opened in 1932 as Ford Motor's Model 'A' production plant, and was retooled in the 1940s to produce tanks and jeeps. Today the Craneway is home to a world-class event and production facility, and...
Spearheaded by Orton Development and Marcy Wong Donn Logan Architects, the Restoration of the Albert Kahn-designed Landmark was also Honored by the National Trust for Historic Preservation RICHMOND, Calif., April 1 /PRNewswire/ -- The renovation of the historic Ford Assembly Building in Richmond, CA, has just been honored with a 2009 Design Award by AIA East Bay, a Bay Area local chapter of the American Institute of Architects that serves architects and the public in the northern California...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.