Latest Fort Macon State Park Stories
EMERALD ISLE, ATLANTIC BEACH, MOREHEAD CITY, BEAUFORT and CAPE LOOKOUT, N.C., March 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- While throngs of families flock to mega-amusement parks this season, spending $500+ for a family to catch a glimpse of the beloved mouse with red overalls, North Carolina's Southern Outer Banks invites park-hoppers to let their real imaginations run free by experiencing countless seaside attractions under $10 at the Crystal Coast (www.crystalcoastnc.org) Families can explore the oak...
BEAUFORT, N.C., Jan. 18, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Archaeologists recently discovered what is believed to be the sword of a famous pirate, off the shore of North Carolina's Coast. Captain Edward Teach (1680 - 1718), better known as Blackbeard, was a pirate who plundered the coasts of the West Indies, North Carolina and Virginia. With the upcoming release of Pirates of the Caribbean 4: On Stranger Tides, a pirate craze is in full force across the nation and adventure-seekers experience an...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.