Latest Francis Pryor Stories
Brett Smith for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online Crowd funding and crowdsourcing are two relatively recent phenomena being leveraged by an archeological group in the United Kingdom to uncover the mysteries of a slightly older phenomenon, Flag Fen. The not-for-profit Digventures team not only raised over $42,000 from members of the public via online donations, they also recruited some of them to excavate parts of Bronze Age causeway located 90 miles north of London. “We will...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.