Latest Franklin County, Maine Stories
A major concern with Plum Creek Timber Co.'s proposal for a major development around Moosehead Lake - expressed by the governor, local residents and several members of the Land Use Regulation Commission - is that it is too large and sprawls over too great an area. Two environmental groups have offered a solution that is worth a closer look.. The Natural Resources Council of Maine and Maine Audubon this week suggested the company remove development from the Lily Bay peninsula, where Plum...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.