Latest Free-living Amoebozoa infection Stories
By Josh Brodesky, The Arizona Daily Star, Tucson Oct. 4--Brain-eating amoebas have taken up residence in Tucson's water supply as recent tests have shown their presence in 12 wells. While the discovery of the killer amoeba, known as Naegleria Fowleri, is surprising to at least one UA researcher, the microscopic bug's presence in the Old Pueblo's water supply doesn't pose any health risks. Tucson Water chlorinates its well water before distribution, killing the amoeba before the water...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.