Latest future disease Stories
(Ivanhoe Newswire) -- Tired of routine check-ups where doctors find nothing wrong, then all of a sudden you suffer from a heart attack or heart disease? Now, researchers are able to use diagnostic CT to identify those at high risk for cardiovascular disease. "The results of this study show that radiologists can predict cardiovascular disease fairly well using identical findings of calcifications of the aortic wall on CT, along with minimal patient information, such as age, gender, and the...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.