Latest G2 phase Stories
Finding could influence cancer care and regenerative medicine An international team led by researchers at UC Davis has shown that the cyclin B1/Cdk1 protein complex, which plays a key role in cell division, also boosts the mitochondrial activity to power that process. This is the first time the complex has been shown to perform both jobs. This newfound ability could make cyclin B1/Cdk1 an excellent target to control cellular energy production, potentially advancing cancer care and...
ABSTRACT Benzyl isothiocyanate and phenethyl isothiocyanate, two aromatic phytochemicals present in substantial concentrations in edible vegetables of the genus Brassica, were investigated for their effects on Caco-2 cell proliferation. Benzyl and phenethyl isothiocyanate inhibited DNA synthesis, with 50% inhibitory concentrations of 5.1 and 2.4 mol/L, respectively, and significantly increased the doubling times of Caco-2 cells from 32 h to 220 and 120 h, respectively. There was no adverse...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.