Gabon Reference Libraries
The Bioko Allen's Bushbaby (Galago alleni) , also known as Bioko Allen's Galago, or Bioko Allen's Squirrel Galago is a species of primate in the Galagidae family. It is found in Angola, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Republic of the Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, and Nigeria. Its natural habitat is subtropical or tropical dry forests.
The western lowland gorilla (Gorilla gorilla gorilla) is a subspecies of the western gorilla (Gorilla gorilla). It lives in montane, primary, and secondary forests and lowland swamps. It is found throughout all or parts of Angola, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Equatorial Guinea and Gabon. Of all gorillas it is the least endangered and is the...
The Grey-cheeked Mangabey (Lophocebus albigena) is an Old World monkey found in the forests of Central Africa. They range from Cameroon down to Gabon and across in western Uganda. The Grey-cheeked Mangabey is a dark monkey. It looks in shape overall like a small, hairy baboon. Its thick brown fur is almost black in its forest home. It has a slightly golden mane around the neck. The sexes are...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.