Latest Gail Glaenzer Stories
A 32-year-old Illinois man had surgery to remove a 3.5 inch nail from his brain on Thursday -- more than 24 hours after he accidentally and unknowingly shot the thin, pointed piece of metal into his own head. According to CBS News, Naperville Sun, and Chicago Tribune reports, the man, Dante Autullo of Orland Park, was working on a project at his home Tuesday morning. Autullo was standing on a ladder, fixing up his garage when he used a nail gun to fire off multiple nails. His...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.