Latest Galapagos Hawk Stories
Lawrence LeBlond for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online For decades, conservationists have been vying to protect the native bird and reptile species of the Galapagos Archipelago, many species which are exclusively found here and nowhere else. Now, Ecuadorian conservationists are about to begin an ambitious project to rid the Island group of more than 180 million invasive rats that are damaging the delicate ecosystem. In what is being described as the biggest pest-removal project in...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.