Latest Galaxy rotation curve Stories
A new study, published in Physical Review Letters and available online, offers that a controversial theory which challenges the existence of dark matter has been kept afloat by studies of gas-rich galaxies. Instead of calling upon dark matter, the Modified Newtonian Dynamics (MoND) theory says that the effects of gravity change in places where its pull is very low. A new paper suggests that MoND better predicts the relationship between gassy galaxies' rotation speeds and masses. However,...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.