Latest Galileo Satellite Transmits Test Signals Stories
Lee Rannals for redOrbit.com — Your Universe Online The European Space Agency's (ESA) Third Galileo satellite has sent its first test navigation signals back to Earth, and has broadcasted signals across all three Galileo bands. The pair of Galileo satellites launched this fall join two others that were launched in October 2011. The first set have reached their final orbital position and are in the middle of testing. The third satellite, known as FM3, transmitted its first...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.