Latest Game & Watch Stories
Brett Smith for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online After a short, but highly successful run, the bare-bones smartphone game “Flappy Bird” was yanked from Google Play and Apple's App Store on Sunday. Simplistic in its design, the phenomenon surrounding the game became a case study in human psychology and what makes video games so addictive. The game’s Vietnamese creator Dong Nguyen signaled via Twitter that he was pulling the game from virtual store shelves on Saturday, by...
Image Caption: The original Game Boy (released in Japan in April 1989). Credit: William Warby/Wikipedia (CC BY-SA 2.0) The Game Boy is a hand held video game device manufactured in 1986 by Nintendo. It was released in Japan on April 21, 1989, in North America in August 1989, and in Europe on September 28, 1990. It was the first in a series of Game Boy handhelds and was originally bundled with the puzzle game Tetris. Worldwide the Game Boy line has sold over 118.69 million devices. In...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.