Latest Garruchos Stories
A half-dozen monkeys apparently died of yellow fever in Argentina, but health officials say a major outbreak of the disease among humans is unlikely. However, the discovery of the dead simians by local sanitation authorities in Corrientes province, near Argentina's northeastern borders with Brazil and Paraguay, follows the confirmed yellow fever deaths of two jungle workers in neighboring Misiones province, Mercopress reported Monday. Corrientes province sanitation officials said there is no...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.