Latest Gary Emerson Stories
By Norman Dabell MADRID (Reuters) - Britain's Gary Emerson put himself in line for a second European Tour title by taking a one-shot lead early in the Madrid Open second round on Friday. The 42-year-old Englishman fired a seven-under-par 64 to finish on 11-under 131 after a morning of low scoring at the soaked Club de Campo course. Portugal's Jose-Filipe Lima carded a second successive 66 to secure second place with European Ryder Cup captain Ian Woosnam a further two strokes back...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.