Latest Gary Emerson Stories
By Norman Dabell MADRID (Reuters) - Britain's Gary Emerson put himself in line for a second European Tour title by taking a one-shot lead early in the Madrid Open second round on Friday. The 42-year-old Englishman fired a seven-under-par 64 to finish on 11-under 131 after a morning of low scoring at the soaked Club de Campo course. Portugal's Jose-Filipe Lima carded a second successive 66 to secure second place with European Ryder Cup captain Ian Woosnam a further two strokes back...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.