Quantcast

Latest Gela Stories

2008-09-11 06:00:30

Researched by Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas) -- In July 2008, the Italian utilities company Enel SpA (BIT:ENEL) (Rome, Italy) began the process of obtaining permission to build an offshore windfarm of up to 575 megawatts (MW) in the Gela Gulf off of the Sicilian Mediterranean coast. The project will be carried out by the joint venture formed by Enel, which owns a 53% stake, and the Sicilian Moncada Energy Group Srl (Agrigento, Italy), which holds the remaining 47%. For...

2008-07-11 12:00:31

Enel has sent a request for an environmental impact assessment to the Italian ministry of environment and the Region of Sicily, Italy, for one of the first offshore wind farms in the Mediterranean Sea. Italy's first offshore wind facility is expected to foresee the installation of 115 large generators with a capacity of between 3MW and 5MW each in the waters of the Gulf of Gela at least three nautical miles off-shore, between the towns of Licata in the province of Agrigento, Butera and Gela...


Word of the Day
sough
  • A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
  • A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
  • Any rumor that engages general attention.
  • A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
  • To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
  • To breathe in or as in sleep.
  • To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.
According to the OED, from the 16th century, this word is 'almost exclusively Scots and northern dialect until adopted in general literary use in the 19th.'
Related