Latest Gene Carl Feldman Stories
WATCH VIDEOS: [Aquarius Measuring Salty Seas 1] - [Aquarius Measuring Salty Seas 2] Lawrence LeBlond for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online The salinity level of the world´s rivers, lakes and oceans has been a growing topic in response to global climate change. As NASA´s Aquarius instrument has shown previously, seasonal salinity has been on the rise in oceans all around the world. This year, the picture is no less striking, with deep shades of oranges and reds, at least in...
Patrick Lynch, NASA's Earth Science News Team Mary Cleave left the NASA astronaut corps in the early 1990s to make a rare jump from human spaceflight to Earth science. She was going to work on an upcoming mission to measure gradations in ocean color "“ something she had actually seen from low-Earth orbit with her own eyes. From space, differing densities of phytoplankton and algae and floating bits of plant life reveal themselves as so many blues and greens. For Cleave, a former...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.