Latest General Dynamics F-16XL Stories
NASA Three unique research aircraft previously flown by NASA’s Dryden Flight Research Center or its predecessor organizations have recently been placed on display at the Air Force Flight Test Museum at Edwards Air Force Base, Calif. Museum staff and volunteers moved the Northrop X-4 Bantam and one of two General Dynamics F-16XL aircraft to the exhibit area on Aug. 9, 2013, and days later accepted the Boeing X-48C Hybrid/Blended Wing Body on loan while Boeing, NASA Dryden and the Air...
Leaner, greener flying machines for the year 2025 are on the drawing boards of three industry teams under contract to the NASA Aeronautics Research Mission Directorate's Environmentally Responsible Aviation Project. Teams from The Boeing Company in Huntington Beach, Calif., Lockheed Martin in Palmdale, Calif., and Northrop Grumman in El Segundo, Calif., have spent the last year studying how to meet NASA goals to develop technology that would allow future aircraft to burn 50 percent less...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.