Latest Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta Stories
Alan McStravick for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online Currently, if scientists want to study meteorites that had originated from the red planet, they have to rely upon celestial travelers that arrived on this planet so long ago they now possess characteristics that tell of their time on Earth. This masks most clues that might offer information about the meteorites' time on Mars. However, a team of scientists has examined a meteorite that formed on Mars more than a billion years ago in...
Lee Rannals for redOrbit.com — Your Universe Online One day, Hawaiian mountains on the island of Oahu could be reduced to nothing more than a flat, low-lying stretch of land, according to new research. Scientists wrote in the journal Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta that Oahu´s Koolau and Waianae mountains are dissolving from within. “We tried to figure out how fast the island is going away and what the influence of climate is on that rate,” Brigham Young...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.