Geography and ecology of the Everglades Reference Libraries
Everglades National Park is located in the state of Florida in the United States. The park holds 1,508,538 acres of land and holds twenty percent of the original Everglades. This park is the third largest national park in the lower forty-eight states. The area was once inhabited by Native American tribes, like the Calusa and Tequesta peoples, and the Seminole people, a mixture of Creek people,...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.