Latest Geography of Cape Verde Stories
MIAMI (Reuters) - The U.S. National Hurricane Center on Tuesday placed a hurricane watch on a portion of the U.S. East Coast from Georgia to North Carolina, even as Tropical Storm Ernesto failed to strengthen as it approached Florida. The Miami-based hurricane center said Ernesto could get back close to hurricane strength after emerging off Florida's northeast coast in a couple of days and curve back into the U.S. East Coast.
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.